We are proud that ‘Team Merseyside’ includes 140 Scout Groups across 10 Districts; that together have over 9,000 young people as members. Our young people are able to develop skills for life, because of over 2,500 amazing regular adult volunteers and at least the same number of occasional helpers.
Team Merseyside is more than just a name, it’s our culture. Culture is created by living an organisation’s values and interacting using behaviours that are appropriate and create an appropriate environment.
As Scouts we are guided by our values:
- Care: We support others and take care of the world in which we live.
- Respect: We have self-respect and respect for others.
- Integrity: We act with integrity; we are honest, trustworthy and loyal.
- Cooperation: We make a positive difference; we cooperate with others and make friends.
- Belief: We explore our faiths, beliefs and attitudes.
As Scouts in Merseyside, we choose to interact with each other in line with our behaviours:
- Have Fun: Our young people have more fun when our adult volunteers are enjoying their volunteering. Don’t be ashamed to have great fun doing what we do – it’s our hobby.
- Be Positive: Choose how to interact with each other and choose to focus on our significant impact and the great successes that we experience. We make a massive difference to over 140 communities across Merseyside, and contribte to a worldwide impact – now that’s something to be positive about.
- Connect with People: We’re better when we’re connected – take the opportunity to develop strong networks amongst our members, connect face to face and make the most of the incredible knowledge and talents across our team of over 2000 adult volunteers and at least the same number of occasional helpers.
- Recognise Contribution: We all give our time to provide skills for life to our young people – and it’s right that we all take the time to be appreciative of what each member of our team brings.
- Work as a Team: Teamwork is key – every week, 8000 young people take part in Scouting across Merseyside – that takes a massive team effort to deliver.
- Be Transparent: There’s no point not being – transparency is key to building trust and dealing with any difficulties.
- Fact-Based and Focused: Let’s focus on what matters; the things that make a real difference and the things that change lives and change communities.