Set in the West Lancashire countryside close to the Leeds-Liverpool canal, Tawd Vale Adventure Centre is owned and operated by Merseyside Scouts, for the primary purpose of supporting our members to develop skills for life through outdoor adventure. The Centre boasts a range of campsites and buildings across 80 acres of woodland. At Tawd Vale we offer opportunities for overnight camps and activities to Scouts, Guides, other youth organisations, schools, colleges and other educational establishments.
Our team have been working hard since we had to close the Centre in March 2020, and there’s been a range of enhancements made, including:
- Replacement of Noble Way, our access road from the main entrance to Camp Centre
- Restoration of the main bridge over the River Tawd and improvements to each of the foot bridges over the river
- Refurbishment of The Hub (our main building) to provide an improved Reception, Shop and accommodation for volunteers supporting the operations of the Centre
- Refurbishment of the Activity Barn, with a completely new kitchen area
- Addition of hot water to the Cub Field toilets
- Completion of the refurbishment of both the Delph Bothy and Cub Field Bothy
- Improvements to paths and access across the estate
We can’t wait to welcome you back as we open for the 2022/23 season on Friday 4th March; and we’ve also given our website a new coat of paint.