The role will involve becoming a member of Tawd Vale Steering Group (TVSG) with the responsibility of leading on Strategic Finance, with a specific focus on increasing capital or revenue by exploring new fundraising opportunities.
As a member of TVSG, you will be supporting Tawd Vale Adventure Centre, the County’s provision for Adventure, enabling us toprovide young people with access to safe, enjoyable, high quality outdoor adventures; and, where amazing experiences can assist them developing skills for life.
Purpose of Tawd Vale Steering Group (TVSG)
TVSG is a County Executive sub-committee and provides governance, on behalf of the County Executive Committee, for Tawd Vale Adventure Centre with the specific purpose of:
- Developing the Strategic Planning for the site, and proposing plans for investment to the County Executive Committee; including annual budgets
- Working with the Deputy County Commissioner for Adventure, and their team, to provide governance and oversight of any Capital Projects
- Ensuring that the site is operated in line with County Executive approved budgets, financial management and financial controls
- Ensuring that any asset management policies of the County are implemented
- The operation of the site is in accordance with Policy, Organisation and Rules
- Ensuring that site is operated in line with any relevant regulations, including Health and Safety legislation
- Ensuring that Commercial considerations are made in the running of the site; reviewing, developing and implementing commercial arrangements in line with the strategic plans
In addition, providing support to the Centre Manager, and their volunteer team, in the following areas:
- Operational and tactical decision making on the day to day operations of the site; specifically:
- Estate management
- Target market
- Public relations, marketing and communications
- Adventurous activities
- Provide a quarterly report to the County Executive Committee, covering:
- Financial performance
- Health and safety
- Operational effectiveness
- Estate management
- Recommendations for strategic plans
- Chair of Tawd Vale Steering Group
- Strategic Finance (fundraising)
- Chair of TVSG
- Deputy County Commissioner – Adventure
- Tawd Vale Adventure Centre Manager
- TVSG Members
- County Commissioner
- County Assistant Treasurer
Must successfully complete the appointment process (including acceptable personal enquiries and acceptance of The Scout Association’s policies). It is expected that whilst volunteering for this role you will undertake regulated activity.
This appointment will require the approval of the County Executive Committee.
- Become an active member of TVSG, which as a minimum meets at least quarterly, and enthusiastically contribute to itspurpose through participation in the activities of the group, as well as any additional related working groups where appropriate.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of Tawd Vale Adventure Centre, with a specific focus on increasing funds through researching and targeting applications to grant providing bodies or charitable trusts, whose criteria match the charity’s aims and activities; as well as exploring all fundraising options – be that through traditional events or activities; or by developing other means for supporters to contribute.
- Support the Centre Manager in their working with the Assistant County Treasurer, to ensure Tawd Vale Adventure Centre is financially able to function, with capital and revenue streams being maximised in support of the long-term strategic direction for the Centre.
- Ensure good governance is applied in all activities undertaken, specifically in relation to observing the financial processes of the County and within Tawd Vale Adventure Centre.
- Be an ambassador of the County, and specifically Tawd Vale Adventure Centre when actively engaging in the role.