Assistant County Commissioner
Outline: To work in partnership with the County Commissioner to ensure effective operation of the Explorer Scout Section in their County in accordance with the rules as laid down in POR of The Scout Association.
Responsible for: County Leaders (if applicable)
Responsible to: County Commissioner
Main Contacts: CC, DCs, DESCs, DESAs, other ACC, CSNC, CSNA, District and County Advisers, County Administrator FDOs, HQ, UK Adviser (Explorer Scouts), ACC (Explorer Scouts) from other Counties, GirlGuiding UK, Schools and other local Youth Organisations.
Appointment Requirements: To understand and accept The Scout Association’s policies, have a satisfactory DBS Clearance, Completion of Wood Badge, which includes the Section Supporter Modules as detailed in the Adult’s Personal File and The Scout Association’s Adult Training Scheme.
General Main Tasks:
- Ensure purpose, method, policies and programme are carried out throughout the Explorer Scout Section in the County
- Assist DESCs in the encouragement of all Leaders in the Explorer Scout Section to provide a balanced programme
- Co-operate with DCs to support all Leaders and Commissioners in matters relating to the Explorer Scout Section and its Leaders
- Promote and encourage in the Explorer Scout Section the implementation of all policies of The Scout Association, especially the key policies as laid down in Chapter 2 of POR
- Maintain a working relationship with DCs, DESCs, DESAs and other Commissioners within the County
- Work in partnership with CC in the management of the County and the Explorer Scout Section’s programme and activities
- Support the CC and the CTM with the learning needs of Leaders and Commissioners in the Explorer Scout Section
- Maintain contact relevant to the Explorer Scout Section age group within the local community
- Promote the Explorer Scout Section to the local Community
- Support the CC in the development of the County
- Run regular meetings of DESCs.
Note: any other specific tasks are to be agreed with the County Commissioner.