Where: Merseyside Scouts, 3rd Floor, Stanley Buildings, 43 Hanover Street, Liverpool L1 3DN Contact: Nikki Parr Contact Email: [email protected] Contact Phone: 01517072671 Open Volunteer Spots: Unlimited
Assistant County Commissioner
Outline: In partnership with Assistant District Commissioners (Squirrel Sections), provide guidance to Squirrel leaders in the delivery of a safe, fun, inclusive and age-appropriate programme and support the growth of Squirrel Dreys in the County.
Responsible to: Deputy County Commissioner Programme
Responsible for: County Leaders (if applicable)
Main Contacts: County Commissioner, County Team, including District Commissioners, other Assistant District Commissioners (Squirrel Section), within the County, other Assistant County/Area Commissioners (Squirrel Section).
- Complete the appointment process (including acceptable personal enquiries and acceptance of the Scout Association’s policies), including a disclosure check.
- Completion of applicable Getting Started training modules, which cover Essential Information, Safety, Safeguarding and GDPR, (within five months of starting the role, if new to Scouts).
- Complete the Scout training programme for this role, to achieve the Wood Badge within three years.
- Renew safeguarding and safety training, when it is due.
- Take part in ongoing learning opportunities.
- Work with the Assistant District Commissioners (Squirrel Scouts) to make sure that there is a fun, inclusive and age-appropriate programme, for Squirrel aged young people, which is consistent across the County
- Advise Assistant District Commissioner (Squirrel Scouts) and District Commissioners on matters relating to the Squirrel section
- In partnership with Assistant District Commissioners (Squirrel Scouts) promote and encourage Squirrel leaders to follow Scout policies.
- Be a part of the District and County Team and attend meetings, including Regional and HQ events as required.
- Organise meetings for Assistant District Commissioners (Squirrel Scouts) to share best practice and identify opportunities to work together.
- Encourage the Assistant District Commissioners (Squirrels Section) and any county squirrel leaders, to work together to organise and run a county wide programme of activities for Squirrels.
- Keep up to date with information about 4-5 year olds and what things are happening in local communities, across Districts, which might be relevant to the Squirrels section.
- In partnership with District Teams and Squirrel Drey Leaders, promote Squirrel Scouts in local communities.
- Support the County Commissioner with the growth of Squirrel Dreys within the county, including recruiting new volunteers.
- Support the County Commissioner and the County Training Manager with the learning needs of Leaders and Commissioners in the Squirrel Scout Section.
Note: any other specific tasks are to be agreed with the County Commissioner.