Events > The Great Escape
Friday 12th to Sunday 14th April 2019
at Tawd Vale
About The Great Escape
Who is this event for? This is an event for members of Merseyside Scout Section, aged primarily between 10 1/2 and 14. Scouts Take Part in patrols (patrols may be either standing or composite).
Three events In One?
The Great Escape has Three main competition elements within it:
- Highest Scoring Patrol
- Best Patrol Theme
- Best Patrol Spirit
How big is a team?
Teams must have no less than 5 members and no more than 6.
Patrols camping alone?
Patrols camping alone are very welcome at the Escape. We would however ask that you let Escape HQ know of any, so that they can be supported during the weekend.
How many teams can we enter?
Troops may pre-book a maximum of two teams. However, if there is space available extra teams may be admitted on the night of aeeival on a "first come, first served basis" only.
How do we book a team?
Teams need to be booked in using the Great Escape Booking Form – which is available from your ADC (Scouts) or for download from this site. This form needs to be completed and sent along with a non-refundable £20 deposit (cheques payable to Merseyside county Scout Council) .
Peter Morris, 26 Derwent Road, Crosby, Merseyside, L23 0SX.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Permits and passports?
In line with The Scout Association’s regulations, all troops taking part in the Great Escape must have with them a leader who possesses a relevant Camping Permit. This will need to be shown at the Camp Office when checking in for your site allocation. Patrols camping on their own will also need to be in possession of a valid Camp Passport. This should be shown when booking in at Escape HQ.
Are you ready?
The Great Escape is a challenging competition for Scouts requiring teamwork, leadership, and initiative. Patrols must visit 15 different bases – a challenge awaits them at each. Each challenge is on the theme of ‘escape’ and runs along the lines of a ‘now get out of that / crystal maze’ type theme. It is therefore important that teams are prepared for what awaits them. Leaders are welcome over the weekend, but must NOT accompany or coach their patrols around each of the bases. All those taking part in the Great Escape MUST be camped at Tawd Vale during the weekend, unless they have a Special Need which precludes them from doing so. Every patrol should carry their own First Aid kit - but we would ask that all accidents are reported to the event organisers. Merseyside Emergency Team will be on hand to offer support and advice. Please make sure that each patrol is ready for any weather eventuality.
2018 Great Escape Results
A huge congratulations to all teams who took part in this years Great Escape Competition at Tawd Vale, we have now added this years results below along with a full list of the Scores achieved by all of the teams.
1st Place - Team 13 1st Southport Lockhart
2nd Place Joint - Team 2 26th St Helens
2nd Place Joint - Team 21 1st Frankby Greasby
2nd Place Joint - Team 63 48th Southport
3rd Place Joint - Team 66 3rd Knowsley
3rd Place Joint - Team 75 25th Birkenhead
Winners - Team 75 25th Birkenhead
Winners - Team 2 26th St Helens
Winners - Base O Liverpool North
Rules of the Great Escape
See below rules for the competition -
- Troops may pre-book a maximum of 2 teams only.
- Bookings are taken on a first come first served basis.
- Bookings can only be taken by post.
- New 2017 Bookings MUST be received before Friday 1st March 2017
- Bookings will only be accepted along with a £20 deposit.
- Teams must have a minimum of 5 members and no more than 6.
- Patrols may camp on their own, The Great Escape Office should be informed of this at book in.
- Leaders are welcome on the weekend but MUST NOT accompany or coach their patrols around each of the bases.
- All those taking part MUST be camped at Tawd Vale during the weekend, unless they have a special need which precludes them from doing so.
- Every Patrol Should carry their own First Aid Kit.
- All Accidents must be reported to the event organisers.
- In line with POR all troops taking part MUST have with them a leader who posses a relevant Camping Permit.