Adventure > Activities > Permit Scheme
Introduction to the Permit Scheme
Funding to Support the Permit Scheme
The Scout Association has various funding streams to help support some of the training needs that adult volunteers in Scouting will have to enable a diverse and safe programme of adventurous activities. They are:
- County Activity Assessors
- Activity Permit Assessment
- Assessor Workshops - Technical Advisers
- DofE training
Activity Permit Application Process in Merseyside
The Activity Permit Scheme across Merseyside is managed by the County's Activities team. Applications for permits are made to, and processed by, this team.
If you would like to apply for a new permit, or renew an existing permit:
- Click here to complete our Permit Application Form
- Once submitted, this will be reviewed by our Manager of the Activity Permit Scheme who will ensure completeness and assign to a County Assessor
- Once assigned to a County Assessor, they will be in touch to discuss and process your application
- Once the assessment is complete, and a Permit agreed, the Assessor will add the Permit to your Compass records, for approval by your District Commissioner or County Commissioner
- Once the Permit is granted by the relevant Commissioner, you will have a valid Activity Permit.
Please remember - if you think you have a permit, but it isn't recorded on Compass, then it is not valid. The only valid Activity Permits are those recorded against your personal record within Compass.
For support with the Activity Permit Scheme, please contact:
Alex Sharp (Manager of the Activity Permit Scheme)